A lovely respite from the cold winter air, there’s nothing like a piping hot plate of home-cooked goodness, and there’s no better way to enjoy your meal than with a generous sprinkle of our favorite seasoning: cannabis.
Whether you’re preparing a fun-infused dish for a small gathering with loved ones or just enjoying your dank delicacy at home, this recipe is guaranteed to be a hit in your household for this winter season and many more to come: honey garlic chicken infused with Potli’s THC sriracha! Drooling yet?
This dish is incredibly versatile: it can be a fulfilling main dish, a spicy side or appetizer, or the perfect leftovers with which to make a killer next-day sandwich. And if you’re vegan or vegetarian, it’s super simple to substitute the chicken for your favorite meat replacement like tofu, tempeh, or seitan, without sacrificing any of the mouthwatering flavor and kick!
One thing to note when creating a cannabis-infused meal is to pay attention to your tolerance level. It might be a good idea to sample the sriracha ahead of time so you know exactly how much you can handle.
This product is not available.
If you like your food super spicy but you don’t want to get super high, just use as much Potli’s as you’re comfortable with and substitute the remaining sauce with regular sriracha. Keep in mind it takes about 15 minutes for the effects of Potli’s sriracha to kick in, and your high will last about an hour.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1-2 tbsp. of Potli’s sriracha (about 2-3 full droppers, but can adjust and substitute accordingly based on your tolerance level)
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp. of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of lime juice
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (or 2 full packages of tofu, tempeh, or seitan)
- 1 tbsp. of cooking oil of choice (we recommend coconut oil!)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Sliced green onions for serving (optional)
- Sesame seeds for serving (optional)
- Lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Combine the honey, sriracha, garlic, rice wine vinegar, lime juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Once well-combined, spoon out 4 tablespoons and set aside to be used as a dipping sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate chicken (or meat substitute) with your sauce combo in the fridge for 30 minutes – 2 hours–the longer the better.
- Heat your cooking oil in a pan over medium heat. Sear your chicken or substitute and both sides, covering it with any remaining sauce. Cook until the skin is golden and crisp. Transfer to a warm plate and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce you set aside in the beginning on your chicken, garnishing with green onions, sesame seeds, and lime wedges for added flavor. Serve with a bed of white rice, tuck in for the night, and enjoy!
Licenses: 1. Potli CDPH-10002242