Vape pen essentials: Let’s get started.
Vape pens are quickly becoming California’s favorite way to consume cannabis.
They are easy to use, portable, discreet and come in many styles. One of the most popular is an oil cartridge vape pen, composed of two parts: a cartridge filled with concentrated cannabis oil, and a rechargeable battery that rapidly heats it.
If you’re looking for a reliable, no-mess introduction to cannabis, look no further.
You’ll need two parts.
The battery, which you keep and recharge. Also known as a “universal” or “510-thread” battery:
This product is not available.Shop All
This product is not available.
And the cartridge (you’ll have a lot to choose from here), which you use up and throw away:
How to use it.
Step 1: power up
- Your new vape battery should come with enough charge to get started, but it’s OK to top it off.
- Connect the battery to the USB charger as needed. Most universal batteries charge fairly quickly, in about an hour or two, and can last several days.
- Most models have a light that turns green, blinks, or turns off to indicate it’s fully charged.
Step 2: Attach the cartridge
- Remove the rubber plug at the top of the cartridge.
- Screw the cartridge into the battery clockwise and make it firmly finger-tight, but do not over-tighten.
- Store the cartridge upright if you can—oil can seep into the mouthpiece if conditions are right.
Step 3: Time to enjoy
- All models are different; some require the press of a button, while others will automatically turn on when you begin to draw.
- Put the mouthpiece to your lips and draw for up to five seconds. Most common vapes recommend more short, quick draws as opposed to a few long ones.
- Exhale comfortably and thoroughly. THC enters your system within seconds of inhaling. No need for heroic breath-holding.
- Wait a minute or two before inhaling again. If it’s your first time, better wait 10 minutes in between pulls, and build up slowly.
- If your pen starts to feel too hot, turn it off and let it cool down for a few minutes to avoid further oil burning.
- Not vaping for a while? Place the rubber plug back on the bottom and store the cartridge upright in a cool, dark place.
- Unfortunately, you can’t vape underwater yet. Keep your vaporizer dry.
- For the best quality and flavor from your oil cartridges, use them up within two weeks of opening. If they get older and start to turn brown, they are still safe and effective, even if they don’t taste that great.
- To clean your mouthpiece, avoid soap and water. Instead, dab a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and rub over the mouthpiece.
- Always remember, the pen is mightier than the herb: oil cartridges typically have a higher concentration of THC than flower. Start slow and low if you’re trying a new oil.
License NO. CDPH-10002329