Last updated: December 7, 2020
With new COVID-19 restrictions in-place and cases rising across California, Eaze remains focused on keeping our customers, employees, and communities safe.
The State of California has designated cannabis retail and delivery an essential service, which means deliveries are continuing, even during state and local “stay at home” orders and other restrictions on non-essential businesses.
Since March, Eaze has had rigorous delivery protocols in-place which follow the CDC’s safety guidelines. Our number one goal is protecting customer and employee health and well-being.
Q. What is Eaze doing?
To maximize everyone’s protection, we have had extra safety measures in-place since March at our partner retailers and our subsidiary operations. These include:
- Cleaning off hand-held phones and terminals after every delivery;
- Wearing disposable gloves and CDC-approved masks at work and during deliveries;
- Disinfecting hands after delivery;
- Not touching or exchanging IDs during ID verification checks;
- Prioritizing a minimum of six feet of physical distancing throughout the delivery process;
- In many areas, customers can use contactless payment options such as online debit or direct payment via their bank accounts.
- Prior to COVID, drivers were required to collect signatures prior to completing delivery. We worked with the BCC and our retail partners to obtain waivers of this requirement. In instances where contactless payment is not an option, drivers sign on the customer’s behalf with an “x” rather than passing the phone back/forth for signature.
- Ensuring drivers are always updated on federal, state and local health requirements.
Q. What are Eaze’s subsidiaries and retail partners doing to keep employees safe?
Our partner retailers and our subsidiary operations follow CDC guidelines for COVID prevention. These include:
- Employees have their temperature checked at the beginning of each shift;
- Frequent cleanings of all surfaces that employees and drivers interact with, including work stations, countertops, and doorknobs;
- Work spaces are regularly deep cleaned by professional cleaning services;
- A minimum of 6’ of physical distancing is mandated in all work spaces;
- Employees wash their hands regularly throughout the day;
- Symptomatic employees (fever, coughing, and sneezing, or a combination of these) are prohibited from working;
- Employees are sent home if they feel unwell or become symptomatic during a shift;
- Employees must follow mandatory self-isolation policies in the event they have a positive test; close-contact with someone who has tested positive; or travel out-of-state.
Q. Can drivers leave my delivery on my doorstep?
While we’ve worked to make deliveries as touchless as possible, drivers cannot leave deliveries at your doorstep. This is because:
- The State of California requires that drivers verify every customer’s age and identity. This means drivers must look at IDs to confirm the recipient is 21+ and the same person who placed the order. To maximize safety and reduce risk, drivers will not hold or exchange your ID.
- Prior to COVID drivers were required to collect signatures prior to completing delivery. We worked with the BCC and our retail partners to obtain waivers of this requirement. In instances where a signature is still required, drivers will sign on the customer’s behalf with an “x”.
Q. What should customers do?
Communication, common sense, and respect are key to keeping deliveries safe. We ask that all customers:
- Wear a mask when receiving products;
- Keep a 6’ distance from drivers;
- Respond to drivers requests (“hold up your identification” etc) promptly.
Q. What’s next?
Over the past nine months we have constantly evaluated our operations to stay compliant with local, state and federal public health guidance guidance. Many customers rely on delivery because they face mobility challenges and/or have compromised immune systems. We are working to get your orders delivered quickly, compliantly and safely, and we appreciate your patience! We will update this post as additional information becomes available.
From all of us at Eaze, please stay safe, stay strong, and support your community in this time of need. If you have questions please contact [email protected]