Last updated: March 23, 2020
With COVID-19 cases reported across California, Eaze is focused on the best ways to keep customers, workers, and communities safe.
The State of California has designated cannabis retail and delivery an essential service, which means deliveries are continuing during the statewide “stay at home” order.
Eaze has communicated clear policies, which follow the CDC’s guidelines, to retail drivers and employees, both for their own safety and for customer health. Our number one goal is protecting everyone’s well-being throughout this situation.
So what are we doing?
Safeguards for Customers and Drivers
To maximize everyone’s protection, we have asked our retail partners, who employ all drivers, to take extra safety measures for deliveries. These include:
- Cleaning off hand-held phones and terminals after every delivery;
- Encouraging drivers to wear disposable latex or nitrile gloves as a precautionary measure to minimize face-touching;
- Not touching or exchanging IDs during ID verification checks;
- Giving customers the option to have drivers sign for deliveries with an ‘X’ (as in “X marks the spot”) rather than handing the phone back/forth; and
- Giving customers tools to punch in their PIN numbers safely.
In addition, our retail partners are:
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces that employees and drivers interact with, including workstations, countertops, and doorknobs;
- Putting “social distancing” in-place throughout the retail space;
- Having employees wash their hands regularly throughout the day;
- Prohibiting symptomatic employees (fever, coughing and sneezing, or a combination of these) from working; and
- Sending employees home if they feel unwell or become symptomatic during a shift.
We’ve provided retail partners with resources to get additional supplies to support facilitating the safest possible transactions.
As the situation around COVID-19 changes quickly, we are constantly evaluating our partners’ operations and responses. Many customers rely on delivery because they face mobility challenges and/or have compromised immune systems. We are working to get your orders delivered quickly, compliantly and safely, and we appreciate your patience! We will update this post as additional information becomes available.
From all of us at Eaze, please stay safe, stay strong, and support your community in this time of need. If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.