Award-Winning Cannabis Business Accelerator Program Gathered 2022 Winners at LA Event, Kicking off Annual Program Providing $50,000 Grants, Business Development, Access to Capital
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 10, 2021 — Eaze, the nation’s largest legal cannabis marketplace, today announces the winning entrepreneurs of its 2022 Momentum class following a Wednesday, March 8 event in Los Angeles that brought together founders, investors, and sponsors.
The event, which featured NBA Champion, Matt Barnes, included investors from Arcadian Capital Management, Ultranative, CGI Asset Fund, and more. Program sponsors included Dagga, Garden Society, Leune, Cann, Country, Vertosa, Confia, MGO CPA, and Everyday.
Recognized by Fast Company as a 2021 World Changing Idea, Eaze’s annual Momentum program received hundreds of applications from across 26 states and U.S. territories this year. Momentum participants receive a $50,000 grant, a 12-week business development program led by industry experts, and support from Eaze’s business, marketing, legal, and PR resources. Momentum has provided a total of $1 million in grant funding to date across the 20 companies that have already passed through the program.
This year’s Momentum class is its most geographically diverse yet, spanning founders from Colorado, Michigan, California, Massachusetts and New Jersey. Meet the 2022 class:
- Sahir Al Salam, Detroit Life Lounge (Detroit, MI)
- Devin Alexander and Bryce Hall, Rolling Releaf (Quincy, MA)
- Tiyahnn Bryant and Precious Osagie-Erese, Roll Up Life (East Orange, NJ)
- Michael Diaz, Better Days (Aurora, CO)
- Kim Dillon, Frigg Wellness (Los Angeles, CA)
- Anthony Jenkins and Cartier Jenkins, Next Level (Oakland, CA)
- Eunice Kim, HiVi (Los Angeles, CA)
- Evelyn LaChapelle, Eighty Seven (Oakland, CA)
- Tasneem Mitchell, NEEM Wellness, Beyond Booze (Boston, MA)
- Madison Shockley, Cadre (Los Angeles, CA)
“Momentum continues to be a bright light for BIPOC-owned businesses, who have faced far more uphill battles in the cannabis industry the past several decades,” Jennifer Lujan, Momentum’s Executive Director. “We’re excited to welcome such a strong and diverse group of founders to this year’s Momentum Class, who we know will deliver exceptional products and give back to their communities with the support of the program.”
“In just a few years, Momentum has proven itself a powerful, impactful force in the cannabis industry by uplifting underserved cannabis founders,” said NBA champion and cannabis advocate Matt Barnes, a senior advisor to Eaze’s board. “By providing unrestricted capital, the guidance and support of some of the brightest minds in the industry, and a platform for founders to tell their stories, we’re creating an incredible effect, which multiplies in communities across the country.”
Momentum is made possible through the support of its Advisory Committee, made up of industry leaders who provide independent oversight and select participants.
- Malaki Amen, President and CEO, California Urban Partnership
- Matt Barnes, Senior Advisor to the Board and Cannabis Entrepreneur
- Ramon Garcia, Co-founder, OEG, Locals Equity Distribution LLC, Sanctuary Farms LLC
- Steven Hawkins, Executive Director, Marijuana Policy Project
- LaWanda Knox, CEO of Make Green Go, Cannabis Technical Assistance Consultant and President of The Allyance
- Kristi Palmer, Co-Founder and President, Kiva Confections
- Mary Pryor, Co-founder Cannaclusive and Chief Marketing Officer of Tonic CBD
- Ford Smith, Founding Partner, Ultranative
- Austin Stevenson, Chief Innovation Officer, Vertosa
- Nidhi Lucky-Handa, CEO of Leune
- Ishaq Ali, Co-Founder of Halal Hemp
- Tahir Johnson, Director of Social Equity and Inclusion, Marijuana Policy Project, US Cannabis Council
Eaze delivers good with the goods. As California’s largest legal cannabis marketplace, we bring enjoyment and convenience to our customers, break down barriers to access, and cultivate community in everything we do. With over six million cannabis deliveries to-date, we are committed to creating a more diverse and sustainable industry through our Momentum business accelerator and Social Equity Partners Program. Learn more at eaze.com.