So many ways to celebrate. Only one 4/20.
For the first time in the long history of California’s 4/20 celebrations, cannabis is legal for all adults. As Eaze Insights recently found, people are being more open about their cannabis use than ever before. And wouldn’t you know it, this 4/20 falls on a Friday.
Even if you’re not much of a joiner, you gotta face it: 2018 is the year to get out and do something.
| SEE ALSO: People are opening up about cannabis this 4/20 |
No one’s celebrating in secret anymore, but keep a few things in mind as you celebrate this week, whether a concert, a party, a legal lecture, “elevated yoga” or the High Times 420 Cannabis Cup itself: Public consumption is not legal! Appropriate and considerate use is the only way to make marijuana mainstream.
This product is not available.
Here are 20 highlights happening in and around the Eaze delivery cities of San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego, this week and through the weekend:
The Bay Area.
- The Bud Drop at Hippie Hill: Organizers are expecting 15,000 revelers at the second annual 420 Bud Drop at Hippie Hill in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park, with a bud version of Times Square’s New Year’s Eve ball drop at 4:20 p.m. Tickets are free, but they do ask that you RSVP online.
- 420 Fest SF: Billed as a “mini Burning Man” of cannabis culture, the 420 Fest at San Francisco’s Dolores Park is planning yoga, expert talks and the Stoned Olympics, which includes competitive joint-rolling and a bong relay race. For information on hosting, volunteering or being a vendor, visit the event website.
- Blockchain101 for Cannabis Professionals and Influencers: Cryptocurrency and blockchain experts will discuss the emerging technology solutions to various cannabis industry challenges at this WeedClub-sponsored event in San Francisco. Tickets to this free event are available on Eventbrite.
- Puff, Pass and Paint: Express cannabis-fueled creativity at this no-artistic-skills-required, instructor-guided painting lesson in Oakland. California Cannabis Tours holds these classes regularly, not just on 4/20 (they also have Puff, Pass and Pottery and Puff, Pass and Pastry).
(And a couple worth the drive)
- Mendocino Cannabis Research Conference and 420 Celebration: A daylong event about the cannabis industry that culminates with a group dinner at 7 and dance party afterward. Tickets are required.
- Restorative Ganja Yoga: This special evening begins with a group cannabis consumption ceremony, followed by two hours of restorative yoga enhanced with music, massage and essential oils at Vanaspati Yoga in Cambria.
- BONUS EVENT: Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa’s 420 Wellness retreat Sunday, April 22 in San Jose. Tickets at the Event Center at San Jose State University.
This product is not available.
The Los Angeles area.
- Magic Bus Experience: Eaze will be there! Come see us debut our very own magic bus! Open for just two days, the Magic Bus Experience is a 60,000-square-foot psychedelic playground of interactive environments in downtown Los Angeles, including an adult-sized pillow fort and the “Hotbox” whiteout fog maze. The 4/20 day session is sold out, but there are still spots left for the night session and Saturday events.
- Clouds & Sundaes Extravaganza: Enjoy a cannabis-infused sundae while lounging on a cloud-like comforter? Yes, please. Van Leeuwen Ice Cream is partnering with Buffy and The Alchemist’s Kitchen to serve CBD fudge sundaes in a comforter-covered environment on 4/20. The Hollywood event starts at 2 p.m. and goes late.
- The CryptoDabathon: A hackathon also known as the Cannabis Blockchain Convergence, this 48-hour event invites developers to create blockchains and other digital applications for the cannabis industry. Tickets are free to $30 on Eventbrite.
- Dumpling Dayze: A 420 Celebration: Sample cannabis-infused dumplings from around the world—perogies, samosas, steamed bao, and of course, potstickers—made by chefs determined to erase the stigma around recreational marijuana use with good taste. Tickets are $50 on Eventbrite.
- Elevated Yoga: High on Hatha: Yogi Sweet Tata leads this 90-minute journey through body exploration and relaxation through cannabis at Liberate Hollywood in Los Angeles. The event is by donation and BYO CBD.
- The 411 on 420: The Women’s Council of Realtors Delta Network presents a discussion of California cannabis law at Club Los Meganos in Brentwood. Tickets are $25 to $35 on Eventbrite.
- 420 Fest: “Pineapple Express”: The first 420 ticketholders will receive a free G Pen vape at this 10th anniversary screening of Pineapple Express at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. Tickets are $4.20 to $14.20 on Facebook.
- The High Guides’ 420 High’ke: The High Guides, who believe hiking and cannabis are natural partners, will take participants on its second annual 420 High’ke along a four-mile ocean-view trail in west LA. Tickets to the annual event are $15 to $35 on Eventbrite.
- High Times 4/20 Cannabis Cup: Nas, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross and 2Chainz are headlining the weekend-long Cannabis Cup event at the National Orange Show Events Center in San Bernardino, California. There will be a smoking section for medical marijuana users, plus a doctor onsite providing consultations and recommendations. A one-day pass is $60 at cannabiscup.com.
- Midnight 420 Madness: If you want to get a jump on things, S&MJane describes its Thursday night-into-Friday morning 420 party in Los Angeles as “a night of erotic passions infused with herbs and spirits,” where guests are encouraged to explore the sensual side of cannabis. VIP ticketholders receive a gift bag of medicated items.
- Up in Smoke Burlesque 4/20: The cannabis cuties of Dirty Little Secrets Burlesque are putting on a special marijuana-themed show at Harvelles in Long Beach. Not that you were taking the kids to any of these things, but definitely leave them home for this one.
- The Woody Show’s 420 Fiesta with Rise Against: Local radio station Alt98.7 is giving away tickets to the sold-out 420 Fiesta at downtown LA’s Conga Room. Tickets are sold out, but there are still some giveaways left to be given away.
The San Diego area.
- BAYKED by the Bay: Wyclef Jean is headlining the first BAYKED by the Bay Music & Food Festival, benefiting Chihuahua Rescue of San Diego, which will celebrate cannabis culture at Embarcadero Marina Park but prohibits consumption onsite. Tickets are $30 to $80 on Eventbrite.
- Lawyer’s Guide to the New Cannabis Market: The San Diego Law Library hosts an hourlong lecture on the effect of state regulations and federal laws on the emerging cannabis marketplace. Tickets are $20 on Eventbrite.