We’re seven weeks into social distancing. By now, there’s no doubt the majority of us have taken a meeting in boxers, joined the family Zoom call with a face mask on, or taken a plunge into bread-making.
Every publication under the sun has proposed some self-care ideas—you’re probably an expert by now, but are your self-care rituals complete without cannabis?
Over the past month, we tried out a bunch of different activities that bring us joy and relaxation: some creative, some effortless, and some shockingly productive. To make this time a little more breezy for you, we selected the perfect cannabis product for every one of your quarantine self-care whims:
The Creative Self-Care Approach
If weeks of social distancing have unleashed your creativity, your self-care approach has probably included painting—both professionally and by numbers. Whether you’re morphing into Bob Ross, learning new dances to raise your TikTok clout, or dusting off your MFA to write the poetry collection you’ve been putting off for years, pair your creative ventures with the following hybrid cannabis products:
1. Heavy Hitters’ Pineapple Express is there when you need a creative escape. This popular hard-hitting hybrid, redolent with tropical flavors, will give you the energetic buzz you need to finally give your dog the oil-on-canvas portrait she deserves.
2. Reward yourself every time you master a new nail art design with Emerald Sky’s Tropical Mango Hard Fruit Drops. Flavored with natural mango extracts, these refreshing hybrid drops make for a wonderful morning and afternoon companion for your creative soul-searching.
3. Conquer your writer’s block and foray into the depths of your left brain with Neutron Genetics’ Rocket Infused Hybrid Preroll. With one-and-a-half grams of premium flower, you’ll summon the most artistic version of yourself.
The Productive Self-Care Approach
You may think productivity is a foil to self-care, but many people feel a greater sense of control over their lives after some spring cleaning. Weeks of social distancing may also evoke feelings of intellectual curiosity, driving some of us to hunt for our Rosetta Stone passwords, enroll in Gordon Ramsey’s MasterClass in cooking, or to learn the art of negotiating with Chris Voss. To stay laser-focused, energetic, and in great spirits while achieving your goals for the week, you’ll want to sample some of the following sativas:
4. Online learning has never been more enjoyable. A cross between Orange Crush and Juicy Fruit, Island’s Gold Orange Creamsicle sativa carries notes of orange and vanilla for an easy, balanced productive high.
5. Your apartment’s toughest stains never stood a chance against the dynamic daytime high you’ll get from Heavy Hitters’ Jack Herer cartridge. Channel your creative energy toward some much needed Marie-Kondo-approved spring cleaning.
6. Crush your learning goals with Island’s PAX Era Mango Haze. This high intensity PAX Era pod produces up to 3x the vapor compared to original PAX Era pods.
The Traditional Self-Care Approach
The traditional approach to self-care is all about relaxing and enjoying the moment. That’s your cozy playlist, candle-blazing, bubble bath and sheet mask type of night. You’re setting the 1000-piece puzzle aside and indulging in the ultimate luxury—that rare moment of doing nothing. Top off the greatest self-care routine out there with an indica and take in the euphoric effects of some bath and personal care cannabis products:
7. Self-care Sunday may have gained popularity to chase away the Sunday Scaries, but we all should exercise self-care every day. Whether you’re an incredible essential worker at the frontlines or you’ve been adjusting to staring at a screen at home all day, take time to wind down with Lakegrade’s Whitezilla indica prerolls.
8. Safe to say every early 2000s rom com would agree that the quintessential self-care day involves a bath. Elevate your luxurious bath time with Om Edibles’ relaxing bath soak, infused with premium cannabis flower, lavender and other essential oils.
9. Because sipping on a glass of wine in your bathtub is so passé, save your calories for dessert and get a proper buzz with Cann.
10. For the grand finale of your glamorous self-care routine, let your day or night get a little sweeter with Dr. Norm’s Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies. These buttery sugar cookies deliver soft and chewy deliciousness while leaving you with a relaxed, uplifted state of mind.
- Heavy Hitters, CDPH-10001352, 2. Emerald Sky, CDPH-10002851, 3. Neutron Genetics, CDPH-10003230. 4. Island, C12-0000108-LIC, 5. Heavy Hitters, CDPH-10001352 6. Island, CDPH-10003230 7. Lakegrade, C11-0000003-LIC 8. Om Edibles, CDPH-10001131, 9. Cann, CDPH-10000235610. Dr. Norm’s CDPH-10002329